사이트 내 전체검색

자유게시판

A Look At The Ugly Truth About Audi G28

작성일 24-04-10 04:30

페이지 정보

작성자Chara 조회 7회 댓글 0건

본문

How to Replace an audi key replacement Cost G28 Engine Speed Sensor

In this video Charles the humble mechanic demonstrates how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. This sensor is located near the edges of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear. It transmits a signal the ECU via the grey wire (T55/49) which is then sent to the tachometer within the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is situated at the edges of the transmission, directly above the flywheel ring. The sensor sends signals through the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU then utilizes this information to regulate fuel, timig and boost. It also sends signals to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used to link with the G40 Camshaft position Sensor. The ecu must be aware when the crankshaft is TDC and where the camshaft is so it can start spark and injectors in the right way.

If this sensor fails, the ECU will display a P00160 code which means the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft are not in sync and possibly indicating the chain stretching or a jump link on the upper timing chain. The code will not appear without the additional information provided by other sensors (G4 or G40).

It's a bit tricky to test as there are several pins on the connector, and each has its own functions. The most effective method to test it is to measure the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. When the sensor is fully operational, it should be reading about 1000 ohms. If you're having issues with this sensor, look for evidence of coolant or oil in the connector bay.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, while accelerating at full speed from the highway paytoll, I experienced an abrupt drop in power like the engine is out of gas or the injectors are not firing anymore. In the morning, i removed the spark plugs. Three were drenched in gazoline, audi key replacement Cost the fourth was dry. When I start the engine without sparks i put tissue on the top of each hole in the injector, the 3 drenched with gazoline pop out, but the 4th stay shut. I checked the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55,30/55 and 48/55 i get zero ohm. I'm assuming that the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset the PID but without success. The car will start when the G28 is disconnected and runs fine when it is plugged in but it still has intermittent misfire issues at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62) even when it is unplugged, shows temperatures of -49c. Also, i noticed that the oil pressure gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar, whereas the actual pressure is 0.0 when I crank up the engine.

I'm not sure what to do, but i think i've pretty much completely ruled out all other possibilities. I'm worried that i might have missed something. Let me know if you have any ideas! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 is activated by a signal sent by the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is identical to the G4 sender, and both operate on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. You can easily locate an extra in a wrecking shop or a parts store. Test them out - put your DMM in resistance mode and take measurements between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector's end up) and 2 (2nd from the left on the black end of the connector). They must be infinite ohms.

4. ECU

Our 20vt turbo (3B AAN, ABY, and ADU) engines are equipped with an ECU that has to know the speed and position of the crankshaft in order to make decisions regarding timing of the fuel injectors, etc. To accomplish this, it uses a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you are experiencing issues with either of these, the diagnostic scanner will show codes that could cause an engine shut down.

The signs of a failing G28 sensor are an inaccurate rev counter in the gearbox, gears shifting quicker than normal and/or a misfire when you're in gear. It is likely that your sensor is failing and needs to be replaced if you experience any of these symptoms. The good thing is that they are very cheap and readily available particularly in the case of the Bosch model, which is what ours are. Alternately, GM's version this part is a good option.

5. Tachometer

A faulty engine speed sensor could be the cause of a slew of problems in your vehicle. It is an important part of the transmission in your Audi, as it transmits information to the ECU on how fast or slow the engine of the car is spinning. This sensor could cause the transmission to fail and other components of the car to be affected.

Hyundai.jpgThe G5 engine speed sensor is located at the edge of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear and transmits a signal to the ECU at pin T55/49 through an uncolored wire. The ECU then processes this signal to regulate fuel, timig and boost and then transmitting it to the G5 tachometer in the instrument cluster. You can test for sensor failure by checking continuity from the sensor audi key replacement cost to the tachometer. Also, you can check continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 as well as pin T26a/12. You should observe approximately 1000 ohms of resistance between these two points. This is a standard part across the audi a3 spare key 80, 100 200, UrS and RS2 range from 1985 MC through the 1997 UrS AAN and 1995 RS2 ADU so good ones might be availble in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Copyright © pangclick.com All rights reserved.